Sunday, August 20, 2017

To Everything There is a Season

The thing about seasons is they never last long. Some may SEEM to last F-O-R-E-V-E-R (for me this would be winter) while some SEEM to be over in the blink of an eye (for me this would definitely be summer), but in reality they all last about 4-ish months. Similarly, life's seasons come and go. Some don't even last 4 months, some last years and years.

My third book, The Heart's Hostage, took a long time to write and finally was released last summer (June 2016). Since then, I've taken some time off while teaching and pursuing my Masters of Education in Reading.

Also, during this time period, I've rediscovered a passion of mine - hiking! It's a passion that was instilled a long time ago on vacations with my dad. Even as a child, I understood the value of walking with my family in nature and making precious memories by just slowing down and taking in God's beautiful creation. There is so much in this country and world to experience! It's exciting!!!

But there is indeed a time to write. And I have become inspired again. I'm hoping to continue the Harvest Bay Series, but I'm also intending to returning to this blog in a different way than before. With my husband's encouragement, I'm planning on revamping this site into a TRAVEL BLOG and sharing the many adventures my husband and I and the rest of our family enjoy together, as well as including updates about my writing.

That's it for now. Forgive any grammatical errors. I'm actually writing this blog post on my phone from inside my hammock. I hope you are as excited about this new endeavor as I am. The bottom line is life is short. We all know that. But I think some of us don't know how to live. We as a society are tied to our jobs and our other commitments. I will be the first to admit I am. It's part of being an adult! But I'm trying to learn how to really live each and every day. This is a start. It's a journey. It's an adventure. Until next time, friends . . .

No comments: