Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Urgent Prayer Request

I received an email from a friend tonight asking me to add Deborah Fast and her son Andrew Patterson to our list of prayer concerns. Deborah's 17-year-old daughter Shay died this past Wed. I can't imagine the grief and heartbreaking loneliness Deborah must be feeling right now and the questions poor Andrew must be asking - the whys and hows and what ifs. Please lift them up. Pray for comfort and for a peace that passes all understanding. Please pray for all the students at the high school that Shay attended. A tragedy like this can be incomprehensible to adults let alone teens who are just beginning to learn how this big, sometimes scary world works. Pray that God will wrap them all in His loving arms and that in the days, weeks, and months to come the love of Jesus will heal them all. Thank you.

2 comments:

Amy Deardon said...

Jen, I'm so sorry to hear this. Is Deborah a friend of yours? Was Shay in a car accident? How old is Andrew?

I cannot imagine. I'm so sorry.

Jen Riffle said...

Thanks for your message, Amy! Deborah is a member of the church that the school where I teach is affiliated with. I don't know her personally - I'm a member of a different church. Unfortunately, and very sadly, Shay took her own life. And I'm not sure how old Andrew is, but my heart has been very heavy for the family. Please, pray for them.