Monday, August 18, 2008

Updates

Just a quick update on our babies listed under prayer concerns - Lilly, Tyler, and my baby, Alison.

I got word that Lilly is back at home, beginning weekly treatments, and doing very well. Still I can't imagine myself going through lukemia let alone a two-year-old, can you? Please pray for continued healing for little Lilly.

Tyler has gotten through his chemo and is now done for 21 days before he has to go through it again. He's had 2 blood transfusions and he has to have a bone marrow transplant. He was going to be able to go home yesterday if his fever is went away and I never found out if he indeed did get to go home. But the poor baby is in so much pain, he screams if anyone even touches him. I would think Tyler's parents need prayer for strength and a peace that passes all understanding right now just as much as he needs prayer for strength and healing. I know it would just about do me in to see either of my girls have to suffer like that. Please, if you get a second today, pray for Tyler and his parents.

My Alison is doing well with her CPAP mask. We're still waiting for the smaller mask to arrive, but Apria came and adjusted the air pressure so that she can tolerate it now. She's a trooper. Obviously, she'd rather not have to be hooked up to a machine at night, but she doesn't complain. And I'm SO glad that her growing body is now getting the oxygen that it needs at night.

Oh, and one last thing: Johnny came out of his cacoon Saturday morning. It was an experience we'll never forget! (For more info, read my last post, "A New Creation".)

As always, if you or someone you know has a prayer concern (even if it is unspoken - God knows all of our needs after all) please email me personally through my profile and I will be happy to post it. There IS power in prayer!

No comments: